Session statuses help you understand in which part of the verification process your customers are. Session statuses can be divided into three categories.
Statuses sent via decision webhooks:
Your customer has received a positive conclusive decision from us. Accessing the session URL again will show the customer that nothing more is to be done.
Your customer has received a negative conclusive decision from us. Either fraud was detected or there was another severe reason for the person to be declined. Scroll down to learn more about possible reason behind decline.
Accessing the session URL again will show the client that nothing is to be done here. If you decide to give the client another try you need to create a new session.
Resubmission has been requested. The verification process is not complete. Something was missing in the customer's session and they need to go through the flow again. The same session URL should be used for this purpose.
The session will expire 7 days after having been created unless it gets a conclusive decision before that. The verification status will turn to expired if it has never been accessed by the customer. Accessing the session URL again will show the client that nothing can be done there. A new session should be created for the customer, if they decide to try again.
Much like expired, abandoned status will be set after 7 days if the process has been started by the customer but has not been finished. Accessing the session URL again will show the customer that nothing can be done. A new session should be created for the customer, if they decide to try again.
Statuses sent via event webhooks:
- Started - the customer has opened the verification flow for the first time
- Submitted - the customer has finished the verification flow by submitting their data and photos
Statuses we will not notify you about:
- Created - the session is created and is ready to be accessed via URL
Preprocessed - the session is submitted and it has gone through our automated checks. It is waiting for a decision from our Specialist.
Reasons behind decisions
Conditions for a positive conclusive decision or an approve
We give a positive conclusive decision (status approved, code 9001) when the customer has provided us with:
- an upload of photos and/or a video
- a valid document with a readable and matching data
- a clear/good quality portrait photo
- a portrait photo that corresponds to the customer's photo on the document
Reasons for a negative conclusive decision or a decline
We give a negative conclusive decision (status declined, code 9102) when
- a physical document is not used
- we suspect document tampering
- we detect some suspicious behaviour
- a customer showing the document does not appear to match the document photo
- a velocity/abuse is present
- a known fraud is present
Reasons for inconclusive decisions or resubmissions
We give an inconclusive decision (status resubmission_requested, code 9103), when
- the video and/or photos are missing
- the customer's face is not visible/clear
- the full document is not visible
- images provided have poor quality
- the document is damaged
- the document type is not supported
- the document is expired
!Tip You could forward the resubmission reasons to your customers as an automatic notification in order to provide a clear overview of the result of their verification and help them to get verified during their next attempt.